Thursday, January 03, 2008

Bold and Bulky mini cardi

Oh this was such a fun knit! Really fast and my first life size, top down sweater. The bulky yarn is a little hard on the hands, but not a huge deal. I used Blue Sky Bulky Alpaca for this project, the pattern is from the book Fitted Knits by (Stefanie Japel). It took me about 2 weeks, but if I wouldn't have had a few mis-starts and the re-do of the button band, I am thinking I could have actually gotten it done in 2 or 3 days.
Yes there was errata on the very first row, for the medium size. Seems to be a normal thing for me.
Also I had been reading about others on Ravelry, who have made this pattern. The majority thought the pattern called for way to many stitches to be picked up on the neck band. I must agree, after I was completely done, I ended up ripping the whole band off and doing it again. I left off a total of 12 stitches. I like the end results so much better. I can't wait to wear this sweater. The buttons are made of coconut.
Currently on Display in Boucle Yarn Studio's (Fargo ND) store window.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

It is so cute Tina. I can't wait to see it on you. The buttons are da bomb!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home