Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dofuku

Oh I am so excited to have started on a sweater, a real SWEATER. It is from the Knit Kimono book by Vicki Square http://interweave.com/knit/books/KnitKimono/
I think it is so beautiful. It will be a sample for the store, but I can wear it when I want and it will be mine, all mine, when she is done with it.
The book had theirs done in a golden yellow they called ginger with black trim. I am doing mine in a rusty red color with the black trim.
I am using Nature spun worsted weight wool and it is feeling lovely. The ball band calls it pomegranate but I think it is more like paprika.
Anyway, the pattern is titled "Dofuku" (short jackets worn by samurai generals over their armor on the battlefield or over kosode at home for relaxation).
I hope to have it done by the 3rd week of Oct. That is the yarn shops grand opening.
Isn't the color wonderful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home