Thursday, August 23, 2007

Three for the Road

I am currently knitting this bag as a store sample. It is the
"Three for the Road" bag from the book (Bags a knitters dozen) www.amazon.com/Bags-Knitters-Dozen/dp/1893762203

Let me warn you that if you have this book or are thinking of buying it, check out the corrections here:
www.knittinguniverse.com/books/bookscorrections/Bags/bagsweb.pdf There are many errors and clarifications in this book. Anyhow, the pattern comes in 3 sizes for 3 different weights of yarn. I am making the medium sized bag using Cascade Alma. It is 54% cotton and 46% viscose. I like the color of the bag, but I am not used to this textured style yarn. I did not use the yarn called for by the way. The pattern called for ROWAN Pronto (50% cotton, 50% Acrylic) The Alma is like a chenille and satin cord wrapped together and is knitting up with odd loopy things popping out of the finished fabric. It is the chenille part that is sproinging out ; ) The yarn shop people, have assured me that it is the nature of the yarn and not to fret about it. I guess that I will be expanding my horizons and knitting with all kinds of fun fibers, now that I am working at a yarns store.

So without further ado, here ya go....

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I love the colors of this! After seeing it in person last night, I will be curious to see how it blocks out and sits on the handles. The yarn has beautiful texture too. You go girl!!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love this colorway! Look forward to seeing the FO!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home