Thursday, August 09, 2007

Tank Time

Sorry, I was missing in action again last week. I had my mother in law visiting for the last 10 days. It was a delight, but computer time was limited.
Well it is about time I finished this tank. Summer is nearly over and this first sweater project ended up being a real bummer. I didn't like the yarn and I didn't think the pattern was written very clearly for a beginner. It most certainly is not my best work, but I am glad it is done and I will wear it to work tomorrow. It does seem a bit big, but that is OK, I plan to wear it under a cropped jacket and I think it will look great. I think the bamboo yarn is heavy and makes it just hang. Some call this drape, I don't like it!

Hey I am not sure I have mentioned it here on my blog yet, but I got hired on at the new yarn store that I applied at about a month ago. I am on my second week and I am soooooo loving it. It is pretty sad when you even enjoy the dusting. This job is nothing like my Hobby Lobby nightmare and I am so glad that I applied.
The only part giving me a few issues at the moment is the computerized cash register.
It is just so much to remember for me. I am sure that once I get the routine down it won't be a big deal. The owner has been so incredible and patient with me and I really enjoy working with her. Anyway, here are some pictures of me in the tank.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

It is beautiful Tina. It may be a bit big, but not huge by any means. I think the edging helped a lot. The cable turned out awesome! The color is very good for you too!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I love it Tina! Nice job on the cable! Have you blocked it? If not, maybe that would help it fit better? So glad you are enjoying your yarn shop job - how fun!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love it! Looks really good on you too! Congrats on the LYS job. I'd love to work in an LYS, but probably wouldn't bring home any money LOL!

11:52 PM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Thank ladies. I have it on as we speak. I will wear it to my monthly guild meeting and then to work at the yarn store. It feels good to wear the finished object.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home