Thursday, August 30, 2007

Struggling along

I have been having yet more computer issues of late. It seems that the disk drive on the computer is not working properly which presents a problem for loading my photo's. I have an older sony digital camera which takes pictures on a regular floppy diskette. So every time I try to get my pictures off the disk by inserting it into the computer disk drive, the computer tells me that I must insert the disk. HMMM, I just did! If I putter around waiting for a while, sometimes it works, sometimes I need to take it out and retry several times... Anyway, I have been wanting a new computer for several months and saving my pennies. I have about half what it would be for the nice system I want. I have been patiently holding out. Today hubby went on line with my son's help and ordered me the computer I want. He says he will pay the second half and it will be my Christmas present. I am pretty darn excited about that, but it will be about a month before it arrives as I am having a dell built special for me.
Anyway, I will quit rambling about that, but I wanted everyone to be aware that if I don't post any pictures, it is because I can't get the darn things off of my camera and into the computer.

So for this weeks yarn PrOn, I made a mitten holding a strand of Fortissima sock yarn and a strand of Kid Seta mohair together. It turned out OK, but nothing as fabulous as the ones my cousin made last winter. Besides the fact that I am not crazy about the mitten, I discovered that I am allergic to mohair. ICK! I had suspected this the first few times I tried to spin mohair and I got a scratchy throat, sniffly nose and runny eyes. Well this week while I knit with the mohair, my chest got tight and I got a runny nose and a bad headache. NO fun at all. I did take some benandryl to get me through the one mitten. I will wait a week or so to finish the second one. But I will not be knitting with mohair again. Not sure what I will do with all the kid silk haze I bought to work into a shawl. HMMMM
So here are the pics:

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Well yay for you and your new computer! You lucky duck! I will wait until I have major issues I suppose. I sure would like a laptop over this desk model though.
Your mitten looks fabulous. Wasn't it fun? I am sorry to hear about the mohair allergy. It is beautiful stuff, but there is tons of other beautiful stuff out there, so don't be too bummed. ; )
Karen

3:04 PM  
Blogger stricken madchen said...

A new computer! That is exciting. ;-)
Your mitten is adorable! I don't think you mentioned anything yesterday about the mohair allergy. (not that you had much of a chance with my boys there). That is too bad. Let me know if you want me to help you finish the 2nd mitten.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Pretty mitts! Nice job.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home