Thursday, July 19, 2007

Play nice together, now!

I have an upcoming guild project, we will be making a Christmas Angel ornament. It calls for angora yarn and I decided to spin my own. Actually a blend of bunny and alpaca as I didn't quite have enough bunny. I ended up with 40 yards (14 grams). Anyway, I also purchased some kidsilk haze and I am planning to include the extra fine strand to the wings. It's white with a slight sparkle to it. I think it will add that extra special touch that will make it different from all the others ; )
I am hoping the bunny and the mohair/silk will play nicely together and make the perfect angel wings. Click on the kid silk picture for a closer view of the sparkle.
See them snuggle. I think they like each other. What do you think?
I am so pleased with my spun bunny. It was so fun. I've heard that it's a difficult fiber to spin, but it actually went very well for a first try. Isn't it Divine?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home