Thursday, June 21, 2007

Took a little Spin

Well last Saturday I felt the urge to spin, so I set up on the deck at about 11 a.m. and I spent 3 hours out there spinning away the day. It was so nice, I also set up my Ipod music system and caught up on some knitting podcasts to boot. I finished a full bobbin of some pretty creepy fiber. Well it had been even creepier yet, but a guild friend helped me add to it with her drum carder so it is at least a bit fun to spin. The fiber was a gift from my mother for Christmas last year so I must spin it. Not sure what I will make with it, as I think there will be quite a bit. Perhaps a felted bag, as it definitely is not next to skin quality.

The color is nothing special either. I may ply it with a dark purple? Who knows.
Here is a peek of the singles on the bobbin.


4 Comments:

Blogger Faith said...

Ooh I love subtle colors! I have a problem when dying- I always use way too much dye. I think it turned out nicely!

9:52 PM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Thanks Faith, I didn't dye it myself. The fiber that arrived was a very pale yellow tan color with some washed out fuscia, when I did a trial spin, it blended together in a creepy poopy gray/brown color. So a friend with a drum carder, helped me add some more bright fuscia and green mohair locks, also some sparkly Angelina(sp)fibers. It is spinning up much nicer now. But the fiber quality is still not the best. It will likely turn into a felted bag.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Joy Logan said...

arrrgggg do I wish nowdays I had sat with my grandmother and learned to knit...she made us all wonderful afgans of our color choice...now I see all your yarns and colors nowdays sigh.

8:24 PM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

It is never to late to learn! I have only been knitting a little over a year and only spinning yarn for about 6 months. I am loving both. Go for it, they are both so relaxing and portable.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home