Saturday, June 30, 2007

Birdbath Blues

Sorry for the late post this week, work got the best of me. I have been tinkering about trying to teach myself how to knit, left handed, or Continental . I can now say I am feeling pretty darn comfortable with it. When I first started, I was ready to give up. It is tough to learn a beloved hobby in a different way than what you are comfortable with. I love knitting and when I first attempted knitting with my left hand, I was hating it and thought "PHOOEY!". Our guild is offering a mini class on colorwork, done with a different color in both hands of coarse, so I was determined to keep trying. I started a bag (that I will felt) today with these 2 special yarns. I will knit the whole thing using the Continental method. The lighter yarn is my very first skein of handspun yarn. Yippee, I have been wanting to make something with it. By felting the bag, I will hide the imperfections of my first handspun, and also the uneven tension of my left handed knitting ; ) Anyway the second grey blue skein is one I hand-dyed using a natural indigo plant dyebath. It was done last fall and was my first dying experience, led by my wonderful local guild members. I am holding the two colors together as I knit. I think it will make a nice bag. I plan to add some stripes along the way. Not sure what they will be as of yet.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home