Thursday, May 03, 2007

Handspun Checkers

I will start off by announcing, I have quit my new job at Hobby Lobby and have moved on to another new job. I will start on Monday working for a community residential service, that provides care for people with disabilities. I think this job is much more about who I am. I have been a care giver all of my life, and for some strange reason, I thought a change would be fun. I knew I didn't want to sit in an office all day so that was out. I chose retail. Well I have discovered that retail is definitely not for me. I think I will be much more fulfilled in this new position. I will keep you posted, I am so looking forward to my happiness coming back. Hobby Lobby was draining me completely. I just hated it so much.
Anyway, onto the yarn PrOn for the week. I am calling this new handspun yarn "King Me!" because of coarse the black and red reminds me of, a game of checkers.
I really love how the yarn came together and think it will make a perfect hat and scarf set for my new wool winter coat. I can't wait to work with it, It is my best handspun yet. It seems to have a perfect twist, not to loose, not too tight. It is for the most part, a worsted weight yarn.
360 yards and it weighs in at 10 1/2 oz. or 296 gr.






1 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Lovely colors in there!

Hope the new job works out well for you!

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home