Thursday, March 22, 2007

Yarn Barf Surprise

Recently I have mentioned a purchase of Lang Jawoll Sport weight yarn I ordered a few weeks back, well yesterday I chose it from my stash and I began a new pair of socks with it.
Anyway, shortly after I purchased the yarn I was fiddling with the ball and attempting to find the end of the center pull ball. Whenever I have tried to pull the center out of the middle of sock yarn I get a big wad of YARN BARF ; ) But along with the yarn barf, this time I got a surprise! A nice little spool of reinforcing fiber. I was so tickled to find it, just like finding the little prize in a box of Cracker Jack. I had heard about these little surprise spools, but had never experienced it before, and I didn't even know this was one of the brands that contained the extra spool. So when I felt something hard in the middle of the ball and pulled it out, a little smile immediately emerged onto my face. I am still excited about it, but wonder how difficult it will be to hold along with the regular yarn, It seems quite fine.

I am a bit ahead of schedule, but here is my contribution for Yarn PrOn Friday.

2 Comments:

Blogger SpindleKnits said...

WooHoo! A sock surprise, fantastic! I had never heard of sock yarn coming with its own reinforcing thread.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

I love that second picture of the "barf" - very artsy.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home