Friday, March 02, 2007

Blizzard's and the Burning Bush

It was a blizzardy weekend last week and I was able to spin this whole bobbin on my retreat. This weekend it is another very snowy one here in MN, so to warm things up a bit, I present a bobbin full of "Burning Bush". I received this fiber from my cousin for Christmas. It was a Wool Top pencil roving with a very long staple, took me a bit to get used to it but it spun up quite nicely. I hope to make a scarf and hat set with it. Still not sure how I will ply it. I am now thinking perhaps of adding the black silk blend fiber from a few posts back. The second picture was taken outside, hence the little white flecks of snow. I think picture one is a more accurate color.


Burning Bush

4 Comments:

Blogger sgeddes said...

Very nice, I love red.

11:57 AM  
Blogger SpindleKnits said...

That fiber was gorgeous before it was spun, now it is even more so as yarn! Your spinning is looking marvelous!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Yummy color. I am resisting the spinning....

7:49 AM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Thanks everyone!
Don't resist Guinifer, it is so much fun ; )

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home