Friday, March 16, 2007

Big News

Well first off, let me announce that I have recently quit my daycare job of 17 years. WOW what a change in my life. My kids are mostly grown and getting their own jobs so it is time for me to spread my wings and do something I will really enjoy. I have taken a job at Hobby Lobby!

I am so very excited, I can't tell you. My wonderful guild lady friends are already suggesting that I will need to get the yarn department stocked up with better fun yarns. This may not be beyond possibility, as I have been assigned to the yarn and fabric department to start out ; ) How fun to be able to play with yarn all day! I know, I know, straightening shelves is not quite the same as knitting, but hey, I will gladly make the sacrifice ; ) I will get purchase discounts and the benefits are wonderful too boot.

OK now for prOn Friday. I have been so stressed this week with anticipation and having to give notice to my parents, that I just have some finished socks to share. See more stitch definition by clicking to enlarge the image.




3 Comments:

Blogger sgeddes said...

Congratualtions on the job! That sounds wonderful. who knows you just might get paid to knit for demonstrations and classes!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Such a CUTE yarn for those socks!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Hope that giving notice went ok.
The socks are lovely.

Hobby Lobby is so much nicer than Michaels...

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home