Thursday, February 22, 2007

Yarn CAKE!

So I promised you a picture of the yarn I wound with my new Strauch ball winder.
In the mean time I have been trying to explain to my children why it wasn't really a ball. They kept arguing with me about it not being a ball at all! Well I said they actually call it a "CAKE". Then why is the contraption called a ball winder and not a CAKE winder???? hehehe Kids... Now I can't wait to knit with it. I am hoping to cast on for some fingerless gloves this weekend at the fiber retreat I will be attending.
Well Here it is, the CAKE I made with my new ball winder. I think it is just so pretty and fun to look at.

4 Comments:

Blogger Abigale said...

I love my little yarn cakes! They do make me inordinately happy.

I'm really glad you got a ball winder - really makes life so much easier as a spinner (and a knitter!)

:-)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

My sock yarn cakes hold my dpns in progress so beautifully! I can hardly keep my 10 YO away from my "cake" winder - he loves to make the cake!

10:43 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

The yarn cake looks huge! Did you use one of those jumbo winders? I'd love to have one of those.

9:29 AM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Yes the cake is HUGE and it was made with a Strauch jumbo ball winder. I love it, I don't like splicing in yarn and weaving in tails. I also have a Jumbo plying bobbin, so that I can make Huge skeins with no spliced ends.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home