Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Fibery Delight

Oh what a fun bunch of mail I have gotten lately. Yesterday my Strauch ball winder and some beautiful fiber arrived. Last Friday I also got lovely fibers in the mail. I will certainly have plenty of fun fiber to spin when I go on retreat next weekend. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I ordered this first fiber from the woolery along with my ball winder, it is 8 oz. of wool top called "Brick"


Next up is some fiber I received for Christmas, from my Cousin, It is 8 oz's of a pencil roving, it is called "Burning Bush"

I am thinking of plying these first 2 fibers together once they are spun???

Next is 8 oz's of a lovely Blue Alpaca/Glitz blend I ordered from the Little Barn, it is simply called "Country Blue"
Last is this 8oz's of Black wool/silk blend, again from the Little Barn, they call it , "Extrodinary Throwsters Tweed Black"

This Black is the same type of fiber I used for my Blue Jeans and Roses Skein.
I think I will be wanting to use some of this black to make a scarf. I have a new wool Jacket that I picked up at the thrift store and it needs a dark scarf. We will see what it spins up like.

2 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

It all looks like something you use for a pillow.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Ooooh, I love blue jeans and roses and all the fun stuff you just got! By all means ply those two together--can't wait to see what you you do with odd bits of silk.Rose lovers unite!

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home