Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Purse Rescue

The other night I stopped into the local coffee shop where our fibers guild meets once a month.
I ordered a special coffee and while waiting for them to make it, I happened to see a little felted bag, in a box labeled lost and found. I asked the woman behind the counter about it, saying that perhaps it was left behind from one of the guild members. She said, oh please take it if you want it, that whole box is going to the thrift shop tomorrow. So I rescued the poor little thing.

I knew someone had put some time into it, and even though it was a little pathetic looking, I thought I could fix it up to make a cute purse. So home we went. I quickly sewed a gusset into the bottom to give it some shape. It had been just a flat pouch. It had a single short I-cord handle, I didn't like it at all. I just chopped it off, I stitched up the area where it was attached with a few pieces of scrap wool yarn. I threw it in to the wash to re-felt it. The whole bag got smaller and just the size I like. I went to Jo-ann's Fabric and bought a cute set of handles that were on sale for $3.99.

It is now a cute little purse. The pink in it is not quite me, but I do like the size and the handles. I am glad I rescued the little thing. Now we will see if one of my guild members recognizes it, in it's transformed shape. It measures 8 1/2 inches wide by about 2 1/2 fat and 10 inches high including handles.

Isn't it sweet?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home