Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday Yarn PrOn...

What is that you ask? Well, I have joined a netring, which requires me to share at least one juicy shot of something fiber, on each Friday.
Hopefully I will be able to keep up and it will keep me inspired to knit faster ; )
It will be nice to keep my blog updated for all of you, also.
Oh yeah, for you family and friends who might be interested in seeing other blogs about knitting or spinning, check out the right sidebar for the rings. You can click on Random and it will take you to other blogs with fun things to look at. Try it, you'll like it!

Anyway as I have mentioned, I am still trying to finish up some Christmas socks. My son chose this yarn so that I could make him socks in the (Vikings) team colors. It is the first time I have attempted to change colors in a pair of socks. It has gone well.
The yarn I am using is (SISU) I purchased it in Canada this past summer. I think it is a German brand. I can tell you that I have not enjoyed this yarn one bit. It has been very splitty, causing me numerous issues where I have accidentally grabbed a piece of the stitch below. Being a new knitter, sometimes I have remedied the situation on the next round, and sometimes I have not or have made a bigger mess.

So without further ado I present the "PrOn"

5 Comments:

Blogger sgeddes said...

Socks look like they are coming along nicely. Good shots of your yarn!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Knit Masala said...

Nice work on the socks. Although, being in Bears country myself, I can't say I approve of the colors. :)

9:56 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Nicely done! I think they're looking good. I haven't changed yarn colors in my socks yet, but I'm working my nerve up to try. =)

12:57 PM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Thanks everyone! I can see that Yarn PrOn Fridays is going to be a good motivator! Hopefully I will finish these beasts this weekend, and get going on a Chemo hat for next week.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Avrienne said...

Welcome to the ring!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home