Friday, January 26, 2007

Beginnings and Ends

Well I am just beginning a new project. The Wavey Cable Lace Cap from Elann. I worked the first 8 rounds of 5 by 2 rib last night. I only had one false start so that is good. It is definitely different to work with this stretchy yarn. I have really, had to loosen up my knitting. Feels strange. Now, onto the lace part of the cap. I am somewhat terrified about it. I have not really done any lace projects before. I tried a dishcloth once with a few yarnovers and what a mess that was. I think I restarted many times and still didn't get it right. I am so bad at fixing mistakes and also such a scatter brain when knitting a pattern. I must have complete quiet and concentration. That is highly unlikely around here ; ) Hopefully, if I take my time and do one row at a time, I will not have to rip out and begin again. So here you have it, the rib ; )
Click pictures for a closer view.



I am also hoping to see the end of a pair of socks for my sweet hubby. His Birthday was Wednesday, Shucks I'm late again! Oh well, he understands. So here is a nice close up of the stitches and one of the socks done. The yarn is Patons Kroy sock yarn and I must say that I love it. It seems nice and thick and this yarn has a nice heather to it. A bit of blue lurking in the brown. I think this is my nicest sock yet. I am learning how to eliminate the holes at the gusset and it is getting better all the time. Hopefully I will have the last sock done by next week.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home