Friday, January 05, 2007

2007 - Happy New Year!

Well it is a new year, I hope to make it a memorable one. It has got to be better than last year.
We had a tough year and I am glad it is behind us.
We will still have some tough issues to deal with. Darling Hubby's father has been diagnosed with cancer and I sense there will be some sadness to deal with.

I just had some medical testing of my own done this week. I think all tests are turning out well. I had fallen in the middle of the night the Thursday after Christmas. I got up to take some cold medicine and didn't feel dizzy or unusual, but I evidently fell and hit my head. I woke up next to our granite topped rolling cart, very dizzy and confused. I managed to slide down the steps to get to my hubby, and then I laid on the family room floor feeling sick to my stomach with a terrible headache. Anyway, after testing, nothing has been discovered. I wonder if it was caused by an over the counter medication (airborne) I had never taken it before and had taken some before bed.

Goals for this year: I hope to become a much better spinner and knitter. I purchased a spinning wheel the end of last year and have just begun to explore the possibilities. The creative juices are flowing. I look forward to knitting something with my own handspun yarn!

I need to finish up a pair of socks that was meant to be a Christmas present for my son. Also a pair of socks on the needles for my hubby's birthday this month.
I have begun a new spinning project, not sure what the yarn will become. Perhaps felted slippers?
The fiber is BFL (Blue Faced Leicester) that I hand dyed myself last year while I was waiting for my wheel to arrive.

Here is the yarn in it's beginning stage.


3 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

The yarn looks great! I'm spinning some BFL now and I'd forgotten how wonderful it is. Like Buttah!!!

2:49 PM  
Blogger icandyarn said...

Your spinning looks wonderful!!

9:49 AM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Thanks Candy, I am improving.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home