Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I made YARN!

Wow, I was slow in finishing this up, but I plied this past weekend and I loved doing it and how it came out.
The blue bits that I spread throughout the yarn are not showing up real well, but I am pretty sure that once I knit and felt this into a bag, that it will come through.
I am very pleased with the quality of the twist. It seems to be nicely balanced. I was worried about that before plying. I can't wait to begin another fun project.

Fiber info:

A light gray fiber that is a Mystery wool blend from a local farm http://www.geocities.com/joan_ellison/

I got over 300 yards of yarn, weighing about 270 grams.
Not sure if this is good or what I should strive for since this is my first yarn.
I think for the most part the yarn is about a worsted weight, but has some thick and thin area's for sure.

Now for the unveiling






3 Comments:

Blogger Knittinreed said...

Beautiful!!!!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job! It's addicting isn't it!

Necia

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Hookee, your yarn is FAB - well done for the first lot :)I know I was so chuffed about my first handspun too.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home