Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Toe Up sock progress

Well after many false starts, these socks are finally going along smoothly. Holy Cats were they quite the challenge, my cousin and I spent 2 full Sundays piddling with these socks trying to get them started. Then I still went home without them on the needles. I managed to get them going the following Monday. Whew! I think I have it mastered now, at least till I get to the heels ; )
Anyway since I mentioned them yesterday, I thought I would share. I am quite proud of them really, as I hand dyed this yarn myself! Yes the yarn started out a natural white and I dyed it with my guild group. Very Cool, Huh?
I am feeling very accomplished this year, with all of the new things I have learned.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

isn't toe up fun?? I like it a lot!

10:44 AM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

So far it is great, but we will see when I get to the heel ; )

11:25 AM  
Blogger Briana E. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Briana E. said...

Hi,
It's Briana with the Majacraft Rose. :-) Have you been spinning? How's it going?

1:18 PM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

I have spun 3 bobbins worth, and keep intending to ply them, but life is crazy around me right now.
I will ply soon. I do love my wheel and I have found it very easy to spin singles, we will see how the plying goes.

How about you? I know you were having some troubles.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home