Thursday, September 07, 2006

Playing with Dye

Well a few weeks back I went to a dye day with the local fibers guild. I took some natural yarns to dye and I am tickled with the results.

We used natural dyes: Indigo, Thistle, and Marigold for most of it.
But there was a bit of chemical dye for anyone to play with also. I wanted to hand paint some sock yarn so I did. It turned out great if I do say so myself. I tried to twist it up special, like the pro's do, but I guess I need a little practice ; )
I will be starting a pair of socks with it very soon.

Here are the fun results.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Looks great! I particularly love that solid olivey green color!!

8:40 AM  
Blogger merlinthecat said...

I LOVE the sock yarn...oh here's a hint, if you want your skein to look real pretty, wind it in to a ball on a ball winder then reskein it in to a longer skein, it well look like the handpainted you see in the stores, It took me a will to figure that out...:)

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home