Thursday, May 04, 2006

Knitting has me dreaming

WOW, this has turned out to be the coolest new adventure. I am already completely hooked.
I want to knit everything. What a fun hobby. It will be nice to tote a project around to ball games this summer.

It has only been about a month since my first class and I have knitted a scarf and a felted bag to carry my knitting projects around in. I have already signed up for another class as well. Will make another felted tote, then I want to do some felted slippers, and socks and sweaters and, and, and...

I am dreaming of spinning my own yarn as well. I have seen the most wonderfully lovely handspun, hand-dyed yarns on Etsy. I want to create some fun fibers.
Also the spinning wheels are so unique looking. Would fit perfectly into my Americana decor.
I have signed up for a class about spinning wool through the community ed. Should be interesting.

Pictures of scarf and purse to follow:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home