Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Not Keeping Up!

Life is spinning faster than I can keep up these days. The community ed catalog came out and I want to take a bunch of classes. Is that a sign of old age? I just want to do it all and don't have time.
Anyway, I am pretty sure I am going to take a knitting class and a yarn spinning class.
How fun will that be? I looked at a quilt class and a felt class also but they will have to wait. There will be another time.
Other craziness around here includes the river being in major flood stages. I think it must be close to cresting today. They are predicting 37.5 feet. Unbelievable! I was to the neighbors home last night to look and I would be freaking out big time. I can't imagine having to worry about all that water getting into my home if the dike fails. I am praying for them!

On a crafty note, I am still playing with dolls and loving it. These little dolls I have made are fashioned after dolls I used to make as a little girl. Dad would get orders of scuba tanks for the business and the boxes had these pop outs that looked sort of like gingerbread men. I would gather them and draw faces and undergarments on them. Then I would create them a whole bunch of clothing. I remember spending hours on these and slipping into my own little doll world ; )
I gotta wonder if I have slipped back into that doll world now, I am having so much fun playing with them!

Here are 2 of the cute little darlings. I have also created purses for them to go into as well.
If you are interested in the dolls or purses, I will be selling them in my Etsy store. If you go take a peek, they are not up yet, but will be soon with a variety of outfits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home