Saturday, March 04, 2006

In the Pit of her Stomache

I have been playing around with my first canvas collage as you know from previous blog entries.
Well the deadline for submission to the 'hurt' challenge is tomorrow and I have just finished mine.
I am pretty happy with the outcome as it really took off on it's own.
When I first heard the theme 'hurt' my intention was to follow the idea of love hurts.
I had visions of a big heart and a black background.
Well while hunting through images, It just started to create it's self.
I had then thought it was going to be titled twisted pain, I shared this with my cousin who is having some medical problems and experiences much pain. She said, "maybe it is about me?"
Perhaps it is, I hate to see her in pain. But the collage continued to move forward on it's own.
I am not entirely sure why I felt the urge to plunk that big twisted button at the stomach area, except for that my MUSE directed me to.

The end collage has now been titled " In the Pit of her Stomache"

Yes I realize I spelled stomache with and E at the end.

The piece has lots of depth and texture. If you are a person who likes embellished art, this piece will make you want to touch it. I used acrylic paint and have adhered everything with high quality gel mediums.
I have collaged all the way around the edges of the canvas so that the staples are covered and not visible. It is ready to hang as is, or to frame if you choose. It is a very stable piece.

I plan to sell this piece on Etsy. Again if you are interested feel free to contact me.
Asking price = $40.00

5 Comments:

Blogger Wanda said...

T., this is an amazing piece! Just amazing! I love it.

4:44 PM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Thanks so much Wanda! It was an interesting piece to make, since it isn't my typical style.
To me it represents that no matter how tough times may seem, there is always light at the end. You may have to keep lighting the candle, but eventually it will stay lit ; )

5:22 PM  
Blogger Tara's Art Camp said...

This piece is amazing, so much emtion.

Beautifully done!

1:34 PM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to give me a boost.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Mara Thomas said...

LOVE this T!! I like how sparse and intuitive it is! Hugs

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home