Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Collage of Dreams

Well another week has passed by so quickly and I have failed to take the time to check in here.
I have been busily working on things for my Etsy shop and another beaded doll.
I am having an incredible time with my artwork these days. So much so, that I would rather be creating than checking in here. I have begun my first canvas collage, due to a challenge issued by a yahoo group I am on. I am anxious and nervous to see how it comes out.
I have been working on my little friendship dolls. I am so smitten by them, they are really so cute and versatile in my opinion. However, I have not had any buyers as of yet.
If you care to see them, you can check my Etsy shop. I will be working on an Easter collection.
They would be darling tucked inside of Easter Baskets.
I will share a couple here, but I have all kinds of patterns and hair combinations. If you like them, but have a special request, let me know, I would be very happy to create a special set for you.
Or as I mention on Etsy, perhaps a bunch in your school colors?
Our school colors are orange and black and I did one in that combination. I haven't even shared her on Etsy yet, so I will share her here, along with 2 others. Anyone want to offer me their opinion on this cute little doll? I would love to hear what you have to say.
I think they are perfect for putting into a basket with some rag balls or other decorative items.
Perfect gift toppers, perfect friendship gifts... Read more and see more on Etsy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judi W. said...

these are cute but I wonder if they would do better (sales wise) if they had a face. If you don't want to draw one try printing one on fabric (or stamping) and then fusing it to the form and beading(?) a circle around it. Just my two cents worth.

9:23 AM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Thanks Judi, I have had that suggestion from others, but I really really like the button face.
I like the generic feeling it gives. I like the uniqueness of it, I just plain like it. I think a real face would make them just like every other doll ; )
But thanks for letting me know! I do love input.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home