Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Wednesday Whatever's...

Well Just a quick entry to share a couple fun Doll ATC's. I really had a blast creating these and think they are so funny.
I haven't had much time to think about my cloth doll, but the hair issue is still bothering me. I think it is going to be a challenge, but perhaps when I get into it, I will find it goes easier than I imagined? I really want to get her done this week so will have to decide something soon. I have added most of the beadwork I intend to, it is hard to tell what she will need now without her hair. She just somehow looks naked ; )
I have been looking into Ebay selling and other auction sites.
It is just so nerve racking. Also I wonder about the things I use for my collaging work. You have to be worried about everything. Doesn't seem fair somehow that you can't rip up a magazine and use it for whatever you choose if you don't reprint it???
Go figure!




1 Comments:

Blogger majamom said...

LOL these are funny. I received some ATC"S at a stamp store party . Some of them used all kind of magazine images, but it was a trade not a sale. Most were made with stamped images, but I never bothered to look, or ask, if they were ANGEL company stamps.

yes, it is illegal to sell anything that contains copy written material; thus the reason so many people go with older copyright free imagery.

You mention you stamped for three years...I think many of the companies are "ANGEL" meaning free to" use as you please" images, so you might want to explore that idea with your ATC's you want to sell.

Also, I have been to local craft fairs where folks are selling collage and paper arts with "OTHER PEOPLES IMAGES", I would hesitate to guess the risk of of doing this, but in my mind at a local level, you probably don't have to worry much.
Of course your dolls are original and sell for far more money, so keep that in mind too.
I am writing a business plan for an online shop that sells only handmade creations, so if you are interested in selling in the future, stay in touch.
Namaste,
MB

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home