Thursday, December 29, 2005

Sweetest Sense of Happiness

Well, well, well! I have certainly been having some fun playing since Christmas. I have had a lot of fun using up some things I have had laying around and my goal for the new year is to do more of that! I think I might have said the same thing last year ; ) But I believe I have been pretty good about doing so. That is not to say, I haven't bought some new things, because we artists can't resist new toys ; )

I have even been considering the idea of trying to sell some of my collage work? Not sure about this yet. My confidence level is wavering. Also not sure how to go about it?
Will keep thinking on it, while I try to make a few things that might be desirable.

Also in the new year, I hope to jump back into some routine exercise, even if it isn't lifting. My darn shoulder is still giving me troubles.

I look forward to 2006! Mandy is doing terrific in school this year and I am so pleased we have invested in the Sylvan Learning center for her. What a difference we see.

Anyway I just finished another fun Altered Book Spread in that friendship themed book.

I took my inspiration from Claudine Hellmuth's style in her new book. I got the book for X-mas from my mom. (thanks Mom) It is filled with a fresh new style and techniques. I found this phrase in a mini calendar with daily quotes and it was perfect for the theme.


"Friends find the sweetest sense of
happiness comes from simply being together."

3 Comments:

Blogger Wanda said...

This is sooo cool! I love the hats! :) Sometimes BIG images look fresher and more striking than the smaller, busier ones. I need to keep that in mind more often.

10:11 AM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Thanks Wanda, I did have the most fun picking the paper for the hats and cutting them out.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Hi T, This is colourful, fun and it really works. Great stuff. Happy New Year to you and yours! Hope 2006 is art-filled. :o)

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home