Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas to all.

And Happy Holidays to everyone else.

Well it is Christmas eve day ; ) I just wrapped the last of the gifts to the kids. I had been working on Rosary's for each of them. The project took a while as the center medallion had to have several coats of varnish over the Mary image. Also I broke one of the crosses after I had already stained and varnished it twice. UGH! Start over on that one!

We had a few years where these Rosary's were exchanged and given in abundance, through my husbands family. But my kids never received one. I have always intended to make them some.
This was the year. Actually it is nice that I waited because they will appreciate them more now that they are older.

The varnishing is the hardest part I think, I was able to string the nuts and beads on them all in one day.

I am just lounging around today, not feeling 100%, but so much better than earlier in the week when I had a terrible headache.
I think I will make some peanut brittle today, and we are having lasagne for supper.
Then we will go out for our Christmas pie and when we get home, Santa will have come ; )
Open gifts and tumble in to bed.
We will be going to my brothers tomorrow morning for brunch. Should be a nice relaxing holiday.

Here are pictures of the rosary's.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wanda said...

These are so interesting! Am I correct that they are made from (L to R) walnuts, Brazil nuts and pecans? I guess you used a drill and fishing line? Very pretty.

12:37 PM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Yes Wanda, walnuts, brazil nuts and pecans. The cord is a craft cord, not fishing line. I think it is used for stringing pony beads on or for working on Plastic canvas embroidery... It comes in lots of colors. You can see the cord on 2 of them is a silvery white, the middle one uses a black cord.
They are even so much more interesting in person.
Thanks Wanda for the comment.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home