Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sunshine on my face!

Seems like ages since I have gotten to pop on here. Well every night I continue the painting episode. I know it seems like I couldn't possibly have that much to paint, but when you give everything 2 coats, it is a never ending task.
As of right now, I only have one huge wall left and the ceiling in the immediate kitchen area.
Today's project is to varnish all window woodwork so that I can get the wall coverings back up.
Gotta keep plowing forward. Just a few more days and I will have flooring! YIPPEEE!
I have hardly gotten to set foot in my art area, and I am getting nervous, I have a few deadlines that need attention NOW! I will have to squeeze some time in this weekend no matter what.

But for the time being I thought I would share a couple pictures from a magazine that have been my inspiration for the color choice on the walls. All the men that have been asked hate the color, but the women love it. I am only hoping that with all of my furniture and accessories, my rendition will look as good. Of coarse mine version will not be so fancy as my decor style is more Americana, patriotic, simple.
What do you think??? Do you like the color? I am hoping it will make me feel like I am surrounded by sunshine, even in our dreary winters. The snow is soon upon us so we will see.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wanda said...

I really like it...and for the same reasons you do. It seems to add soft 'sunshine'. It would also look great with all the colors I like...and with your Americana. I've thought of painting a similar tone in my house. I do have it in our cabin.

11:57 AM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

I love it when you stop by Wanda!
How is it going?
I hope you are getting some art time in. I am art deprived and going crazy.

Hope you'll stop back to see the finished product when I am done.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home