Sunday, October 23, 2005

Vacations Over

Well it is good to be home. Being away for over a week takes it's toll. I feel like an old woman!
We had a fabulous time at Disney, but the constant walking and running for buses has my hips and knees aching. Coming home to cold weather is no fun either. I am freezing.
It was gorgeous there, in the 80's every day.

My first plane ride went off without a hitch, but I don't think flying is for me. I was quite nervous the whole time. It just amazes me that man has mastered flying. It seems completely impossible that a vehicle of such weight should be able to lift off the ground with tons of people aboard. I was thinking the whole time, that the plane was just going to drop out of the sky and fall to the ground.

We kept a tight schedule the whole time, not a moment to rest. We saw all the theme parks available. Epcot was my favorite park of all. I loved the countries and the food sampling.
The all time most popular ride was also at Epcot. "Soarin" a most amazing simulated ride across the state of California in a hang glider. So beautiful and peaceful. It was my favorite ride of all. Scariest ride was the "Tower of Terror"

We took a drive to the ocean one day and that was also wonderful. I had seen the ocean once as a child, but hubby and the kids had never seen the ocean at all. It was a wonderfully fun day of playing in the waves and collecting shells.

So all in all we had a fabulous trip and now I must get down to business and get this house project finished.
Goal for the week, is the wash the ceilings in the kitchen/dining room and paint the ceilings there.
YUCK! but it must be done! I will be so happy when all is done.

It's good to be home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home