Thursday, September 22, 2005

Kitchen Chaos

Well the demolition began today. I got a ton of work done. I tore off all the baseboards and ripped out a ton of the old floor. I can see the headache coming. Parts of the floors are very nice plywood underneath, the other part has flooring that has been glued down with that old tar product, that is torture to get off. We suffered through that in our upstairs bathroom.
I imagine, that some of you are wondering why we are tearing the old flooring off. Everyone now a days just lays new over the old. Well Dad doesn't believe in that, so we either foot the bill for all new sub floor or we bear the pain of scraping and sanding till we get down to the nice wood sub floor. In case you haven't experienced this process, just let me tell you that you don't really want to.
So anyway Dad was over today with another effort to try to get me to reconsider my choice of flooring. Well, he won out. I went on a hunt and I found something that would please us both.
His big beef with the laminate is that it was free floating with no glue. Well I found some great sturdy vinyl 16X16 in. tiles with an incredible feel to them. In fact, I like the whole look better, and it is going to be less of a headache to install and as Dad says a more dependable product.
So I am very happy now. Thanks Dad, I love ya!
I snapped a few pictures of the progress so far today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home