Tuesday, September 06, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARSHALL!

Happy birthday to my first born son! 15 years old and just as sweet as ever. First day back at school today also, so we were all up bright and early! A light day in daycare as I had one start kindergarten today and that was nice.
The furnace had it's final inspection today ; ) Yes I said final, the inspector signed off on it, and had it fired up and running! Glad that job is done. I did some painting touch up's on walls today also. Things are looking up. I made one ATC today for Marshall's birthday card. I make ATC's for the kids birthdays now, since they are collecting them also. I just attach a sleeve to the front of a blank greeting card and that way the ATC can be removed to put in their albums. Since Marshall plays football and it is high on his priority list I used football as the theme. Speaking of football, Marshall had his first game tonight. He only got in the game for one play at the very end and it didn't amount to anything. I think I am in for a year of disappointment. I hate it when the kids don't get to play! It just seems wrong to take a parents money and then the kids just sit on the bench.
We had a nice family meal at home, Marshall opened his gift and we topped the night off with a trip out for ice cream. No cake at this house!
Here is the ATC I made for Marshall, our school colors are orange and black ; )

2 Comments:

Blogger Wanda said...

I REALLY like this atc, Tina! And what a neat idea in place of a birthday card!

11:56 PM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

I liked how it turned out also, Wanda. The football image was one I found in this weeks Sunday Parade. I like how it has an aged feel to it, but not so that Marshall wouldn't be pleased. He liked it very much. Took it off the card base right away and tucked it in his album. Marshall has been one to save all his birthday cards from me in the past, so I wondered whether he would keep the greeting card in tact and save it that way or if he would save the ATC in his binder ; )
Not sure if you know what size A-2 is, but the ATC fits perfectly center on an A-2 greeting card with just the right amount of board for showing off the ATC.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home