Saturday, September 10, 2005

Blind Contour drawing challenge

Well this is one of my first attempts at this drawing technique. I did add the scribbled eye and nose by looking. Otherwise, I pretty much didn't have my eyes on the paper. This was a large chocolate lab dog all sprawled out on the sidelines at my daughters soccer game this morning.
I think I will add some color to it later and journal a bit about the game.
I am pretty happy with how it turned out, because at least it resembles a dog. Sometimes blind contour, looks nothing like what you are drawing. I did a few the other day for ATC's and they are not as good. But I think the smaller size may have something to do with that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Great contour drawing. Isn't it funny how a fast sketch really seems to catch the essence of the subject.

Teri

3:52 PM  
Blogger pedalpower said...

nice! I am really enjoying all these blind contour drawings!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Well done T! This is a really fun drawing and you did a great job capturing the doggy shape. :o)

6:32 PM  
Blogger Carolyn A. Pappas said...

I think it is easier to draw small in general, not just for blind contours. I have to force myself sometimes to draw on larger pieces of paper. I have never tried ATC's though. It sounds like fun.

7:11 AM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

I so enjoy it when I can capture the essence of a subject quickly, usually I don't see it in mine, so it is nice when it does happen.

OMG Koukla, if you love to draw small you would become so addicted to ATC's, they are tons of fun. I have quite the collection going.
You must try it. There is a drawing painting group dedicated to ATC's if you are interested, I will give you the link. Terri from Australia hangs out there also.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home