Wednesday, September 21, 2005

As Dad would say...

Are you out of your mind! ; ) Well the new hotwater heater is now in, furnace job is done, Marshall's room and the decorating job on the steps all done. Now I have decided that this is the time to do the kitchen! I would like to get the flooring installed while we are away on vacation in October. That is what will make it the easiest with the daycare.
So now I will be working on moving the island, tearing off base board, flooring, tiles, scraping old paint, patching, and texturizing, and painting! All in the next month before we go. YIKES!

The hotwater heater project went pretty smoothly for dad after the first day's mix up. However last night while Jim and Marshall were carrying out the old heater, Jim got a nice gash on his thigh. It tore the skin pretty good, not too deep, but the offending weapon, was rusty. Jim hasn't had a tetanus in a long while so off we went to Urgent care, well they were just closing and wanted us to go to the ER. We opted to just go home and Jim will see the regular doc. today.

So now that's all behind me, don't you think it is the perfect time to begin the kitchen? ; ) Wondering if I have completely lost track of my senses. I feel like I need a break! So does Jim, he is crabby that we seem to always be in upheaval here. But I guess since we are on a roll, I better keep rolling.
I am so dreading this job, I have had the wallpaper pulled off the walls in there since we moved, in. I was just going to paint, but of coarse you can never pull wallpaper off and find a nice smooth wall. There is always a problem. The old paper had pink bunnies on it, for pete's sake. Who would put bunnies in the kitchen??? I hated the paper so I took a chance and the walls have been left peeling and creepy for to long. I have put this job off and now it's time to get moving, it isn't going to get any easier, and I am getting old so I better get going. hehehe We have vaulted ceilings, and I am afraid of heights, so painting and working up there, is going to be such a treat. But this will be so exciting to get done, I have been talking about doing this project for YEARS!

Marshall had a football game last night and didn't get to play one second! GRRRR. Meanwhile the coaches son never left the field! Yes literally, he played the whole game, both offense and defense! So unfair! I am thinking that in high school it should be about building a team with the players you have. Not playing a select few for both defense and offense. A good coach could build a good team if he tried. This coach is not doing a coaching job in my mind, even when his big name boys are failing, he doesn't try others in. Heck proball players don't even play both sides. They build a team of offensive and defensive players.
We lost again last night by the way. This is such a sore subject with me, I could go on and on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home