Sunday, September 11, 2005

Artwork of a different kind

Been sprucing up the house before winter sets in. Yesterday I gave the lower staircase I have been working on another coat of paint. I patched a big hole above the back door. I picked up a new light fixture at Menards, for above the door. Hubby replaced ceiling tiles that had been removed for the furnace job. Things are starting to shape up. It seems the list is never ending though. I imagine that is the way it is with home owners. The picture of the staircase didn't turn out real clear, but I would like to share it as I shared the upper stairway early in my blog.
The kick plates read "America, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave"
Also some pictures of my oldest son's room, now that I am done playing decorator in there.
I made the curtains and am so proud of them. They are tab tops and I think I had to make like 80 tabs. Took quite a while. Also the cross stitched picture, the clothes tree was made from a boat oar. The boat oar on the wall I attached hooks for hats, and hung the ceramic fish on it. I also painted and stamped the wood sign that says Wild-life. Last but not least the beautiful oak door I worked on forever. It was a raw wood door which I stained and varnished. It took 7 sessions of staining, varnishing and sanding.... So glad to have the 2 doors done, I hated that job. Marshall's room looks so nice with the fresh coat of blue paint on the walls and all the little extra's we did to make it special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home