Saturday, August 27, 2005

Serendipity

SERENDIPITY = (by definition of my dictionary)
The faculty of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for.

Well it has been a loungy kind of lazy day. I spent most of the day in my P.J.'s, sitting here, or piddling around in my art area. I had great fun, but didn't get near enough done.
Even when I am going for freedom with my art I still seem to mull it over and over analyze. Adding a stroke here, a swirl there...
I did one piece today from an image that appeared in the bathroom. hehehe
One of my sons, walked by the bathroom as I was sitting on the floor and asks why I am doing art sitting on the bathroom floor? ; ) I just smiled at him. He looks at what I am doing and says "oh Great, now she is painting the bathroom drain!" WELL, I saw art!
I did another piece from a simple paint swish. I've even got to admit I like both pieces.
I am planning to issue a serendipity challenge for the month of September on the collage group I run. I want to loosen up my collage techniques a bit also. I think most of my art is so stuffy. Even though I do try to find humor in most of my art, I think it still has that rigid formal feel to it.
I hope to do some collage tonight after we return from a birthday party. Not really looking forward to the party, It is for a co-worker of my husbands.

Well as suspected, the party was a bomb! However, once we got home I was not in the mood for art. So no collage work today, but here are my 2 painted cards.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home