Monday, August 29, 2005

Monday Monday

Well here it is Monday morning and another week begins. The good thing about this week, is that I get to look forward to the long weekend coming up.
No artwork for me yesterday, began the day by volunteering at the nursing home. Then ran errands and got projects done. I finished the trim work in Marshall's room, ran to Sam's and Menard's, put curtains back on the windows. Doors are hung with Knobs. Trim on steps got stained, new light fixture installed in kitchen, silverware door repaired, 3 door stops properly placed, cleaned up work area in basement and toilet handle fixed! WHEW, hubby and I had a good day!

A nasty day is unfolding here today. The furnace work begins again. Dad realized he had forgotten to put some bleeding valves in the system. So that took all day and a few choice words to help the job along ; )
I had hoped for some art time tonight, but it doesn't look like it is gonna happen. Tonight smidge needed to have bloodwork drawn for surgery tomorrow. Hubby donated plasma and I ran to the local Boys Ranch with a donation and also looked at a furniture store for a Kitchenette.
I found a wonderfully fun book for altering at the thrift store. No luck finding the perfect dinette set. The twin children had a moment of conflict when suddenly some very offensive words blurted from my sweet daughters mouth! I tried to remedy the situation by forcing them to hold hands facing each other and talk pleasantly together for a good 20 mins or so.
It went so well, I may make it a nightly ritual between my 3 teens ; )

No art for me! Other than a few sketches I have in mind for an upcoming Altered book project. I am emotionally drained and definitely ready for bed. Furnace inspection first thing in the morning, fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home