Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Letting off steam!

Dad came by today with a gauge for the furnace, more money trickling out! He also said a few leaks in some of the old welds would need to be repaired. I told him in person that he hurt my feelings yesterday and he apologized in his own way. That felt good. I don't want my dad to die some day thinking that I am hopeless and a disappointment. I also don't want to remember him for all the negative comments he spits at me.
Grandma used to tell me " If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" I wonder if she ever told him that?
I do know he is only trying to help us and he wants good things for us. We are so grateful, but we don't want to have him thinking we don't measure up.

I did get to work in my art studio tonight and had me some fun ; ) It just feels good to play! I made another Geek Fish card tonight and It brought back memories of my school days when I was considered a strange duck. I never really fit in. I remember a pair of turquoise blue jeans I had gotten at a thrift store and I sewed yellow buttons and beads all over them. I remember having a boy friend who told me he hated those pants because I looked like a dork in them.
Well he could just as well have called me a Geek. I think I like being a Geek and I always have.
I never needed to fit into everyone else's ideals and I don't intend to start now. So if I am not good enough in others eyes, so be it. I am PERFECT in my own eyes.
So now for my art creations of the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nita Van Zandt said...

Oh, I really like these! Are they ATC size? I always like text to help pull the viewer into the piece.

7:50 PM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Yes Nita they are ATC size. That is mostly the size I work in!
I do love altered book work as well.
Thanks for peeking at my blog work.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home