Friday, August 26, 2005

Just a doodle

Soooo glad it's Friday! I hung the oak doors back in the jam's today and they look wonderful.
Worth the torture, I guess. Now for hubby to put the knobs and locks back on. My pair of (terrible two's) daycare bugs are sure giving me a challenge. They have both suddenly become so strong willed and struggling with me for the role of BOSS.

My goal for tonight was to spend the evening in my studio doing art. But I couldn't seem to get in the mood. I wanted to explore some doodling and shading with some pencils I received as a gift. Why is it that when I look at other artists abstract, free form art, I love it. But mine always looks like scribbles and junk to me. I know that in order for me to really let loose and allow that inner child come out and play, I will have to just do it, and then I will have to share what I have done. Most times I want to crumple it up and throw it away before anyone see's it.
I haven't done any drawing or painting for quite a while now, because I really am out of my comfort Zone there. I think I might try again to explore that area of art. But I really want to allow myself the freedom to make a mess, instead of being so neat and tidy and perfect. I don't know why when I try to paint or draw I feel it needs to be so precise. The perfectionist in me coming out, I am guessing. Somebody should push her down the stairs ; )

I did fiddle with the pencils just a bit and assembled a card I titled "Tunneling"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home