Monday, August 15, 2005

E is for Egg

Not much going on today ; ) More furnace work of coarse and it seems to be coming together nicely. Dad is a marvel! I am constantly amazed at his incredible knowledge and ability to do just about anything.
I did give those Oak doors another coat of varnish today. I am so glad that both sides of the 2nd coat are done. The second coat seems to be the hardest, because the sanding is critical at this point. The first coat kind of fuzzes up and or bubbles somewhat. The wood is drinking in the first coat of varnish and sealing itself. After the second coat you are not likely to have as much sanding. So the worst of it is done. I will let this second coat dry nicely and then I can sand and give the final coat. 2 more sessions. Counting them down. I just hate this job, but will love the beautiful doors. My goal is to change all doors in the house to solid Oak. I won't do any more till next summer! I am tired tonight! I did manage to get one fun Collage ATC done today.
I kind of collect Chickens so this is one I am tempted to keep, but think I will trade it to someone else who likes chickens. We will see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home