Sunday, August 14, 2005

ATC? (Artist Trading Card)

It occurred to me that perhaps some of my family and non-art friends may not know what an ATC is. Well as stated above, they are artist trading cards. Same size as the traditional sports trading cards. Anything goes as long as they are the regulation size. You can draw, collage, sew, all of the above... Fun to collect other artists work and to show off your collection.
Someone on the Zetti ATC group asked why we like ATC's, here is what I said.
"I like ATC's because when I was making and swapping greeting cards I didn't know what to do with the swapped ones. We swapped mostly to get someone else's idea's. I enjoyed making them but hanging on to someone else's greeting cards just wasn't very appealing to me. NOW TRADING CARDS, that is a whole other story. I feel like I am collecting ARTWORK! It is so much fun to get these little collectibles and to arrange and sort them into their binders. Also I am somewhat conceited and I love my own work. This gives me a bit of a reason to keep some of my own stuff ; )
I currently have 4 ATC binders going. One with just my own work in it, ; ) one for fabric ATC's, one for general collage, and one for strictly hand painted or drawn ATC's. I may need to begin a Zetti binder now!
Maybe some day I will have the artwork of someone who has become famous? You just never know. Maybe it will even be ME!"
They are so popular that some are selling them on Ebay. That is big controversy as people are worried that their art may be sold. I would feel pretty sad about that myself. I don't mind artists selling their own work, but please not mine! If someone should profit from my work, it should be me.

So now that you know what they are, you might understand my art a little better.
I had a wonderful day of art. It seems I got a lot done and had tons of fun. I worked up a bunch more Geek Fish cards for that swap I joined. I need to do 9 cards.
Here is my favorite one from today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home